Flourless Peanut Butter, Banana, and Chocolate Chip Cookies


Yesterday, the students and I needed a snack. I scoured Pinterest to see what I could make with the limited ingredients we keep in our classroom kitchen. We actually had everything needed for these little morsels! The consistancy was a little more sense than a real cookie, but they were still very good! (Original recipe at inspirededibles.ca)

Ingredients
1 cup all natural peanut butter
1 large, very ripe banana
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1/2 c dark chocolate chips

Directions
Mash the banana very well. Combine with peanut butter and vanilla until creamy. Add egg and maple syrup. Stir well. Add chocolate chips. Let dough chill for 20 minutes. 

Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto paper. Top with a few extra chocolate chips. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool COMPLETELY before you take them off the pan. 

The kiddos were excited about trying these cookies, and I enjoyed making them form them. I took the extras home, and my sweet P liked them, too. Even my husband liked them, and that was the real test!

I know there are sugares in chocolate chips and maple syrup, but dark chocolate is full of healthy antioxidants and maple syrup is all natural, so both are much better than refined sugars. No flour also helps keep the carb count way down! 

I'll definitely make these again! The students were already asking this morning what I'm going to ale today. We'll have to see... ;)

Comments

Popular Posts