Friday, March 23, 2012

Moe's "Taco Stacks" or Taco Bell's "Crunch Wrap Supreme"

For those of you who have never been to a Moe's Southwestern Grill, you really need to find one.  They have great food.  My favorite item, the Taco Stack, has recently been taken off the menu.  They were available "for a limited time"... my least favorite words to see in a restaurant.  My husband and I loved them, and knew they couldn't be too difficult to recreate.   They are very similar to the crunchwrap supreme from taco bell.


Start by placing shredded cheese in the center of an extra large flour tortilla.  (I prepared mine on my skillet, but the stove eye was turned OFF.)

Cover the cheese with a crunchy, flat tortilla.  Walmart sells these close to the bread, not in the Hispanic food aisle (go figure).

Top with cooked ground beef or shredded chicken.

Add queso...

 and another crunchy, flat tortilla.

Add more shredded cheese on top.  The cheese acts as a binding agent for the tortillas.

 Fold the soft tortilla around the crunchy tortillas. (I would like to point out that my husband is the one folding the tortilla while I take the picture... Didn't want everyone thinking I have "Man Hands!")

It's perfectly ok if it doesn't meet in the middle.  The cheese will help seal it.


Flip it over and turn the stove eye to medium.  Don't cook it too fast or it WILL burn.

 When both sides have turned golden brown, remove from the skillet and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Looks delicious!! I think I know what's for dinner tonight. :) Coming over from Cure for the Common Monday. You have a fun blog!

    ReplyDelete