Red Velvet Cake Balls


Ingredients
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 tub cream cheese frosting
Almond Bark

Prepare the red velvet cake according to package directions. After baking, allow to cool slightly (enough to handle) and cut into small squares (about 2 inches).  Put the cake squares in to a bowl. Add in half of the cream cheese frosting. Squish the cake and frosting together with your hands.  Add more frosting if needed until all the cake is blended and moist.  Roll a spoonful of the mixture between your hands to make a ball shape. Chill for about 30 minutes.

Melt the almond bark in a big bowl.  Dip each cake ball into the almond bark and place it on a cookie sheet topped with wax paper (if you don't use wax paper, the almond bark will stick and your cake ball will not come off).  Allow to cool so the almond bark rehardens.

Be careful! These are addictive =)

Click here to see where I link up!

Comments

  1. Hi Rebekah! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    These cake balls look amazing and super easy! I'm happy to be following you now and glad to meet another blogger friend!

    Have a happy day!
    Jessie @ Life with the Larsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable, and what a great idea! My grandmother made the best red velvet cake, and these seem like a little reminder of her. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Stopping by via the Follow Who Hop- It's nice to meet you! I am following you in all the social networks we have in common.

    I would like to invite you to visit my blog - http://www.scatteredmusings.net, as well as my Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/SMOACM.

    Thanks
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMMM gotta try these. My kids all LOVE red velvet cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fantastic...stopping by though One Project Closer's link up party. :) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! Cream cheese frosting.... that is the iding on the cake....
    and to think you had me at red velvet...... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. My. Word. Pinning this!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebekah,
    I'm just posting here to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out here
    http://loveeesarah.blogspot.com/2012/11/holy-moly-macaroni-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the recipe, I am bringing the dessert to my MIL's Thanksgiving dinner. These red velvet balls are a great idea. I just started following your blog, would be awesome if you stop by mine.
    www.abi-asaturdaymorning.blogspot.com
    Abigail K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sound so yummy! Did you get my email response about co-hosting link up? If not let me know. I'd love to have you & you are not required to have a twitter account. You can email me at DearCreatives at gmail.com
    Looking forward to hearing from you! Theresa @ DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts