First Dance

So I'm taking a break from Baby-land for a few days and wanted to make something totally different.
On Pinterest lately, I've seen a lot of wrapped canvases with pictures of couples accompanied by the lyrics to their "First Dance" song.  They are absolutely gorgeous... and a lot of times crazy expensive.  I figured I could make my own.

 My husband and I didn't dance at our wedding reception, but his brother and his wife did.  Jessica (Green PB&Js) has been crafting up a storm lately and made Parker the most wonderful Wizard of Oz Wall Plaque that is going to be perfect hanging in her room.  I wanted to make her something in return, and I knew she'd love something like this.

I edited a photo from their wedding and got it printed.  I used spray adhesive to attatch it to a canvas.  Then I used brown paint to "distress" the edges and cover the sides of the canvas.  Their first dance was to "Your Song" by Elton John.


I really like how it turned out, and hopefully she does, too!

Click here to see where I link up!

Made in a Day

Comments

  1. This is AMAZING!! I love it!! Thank you soo much! :)Now get back in baby land so I can make parker more stuff! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love all those first dance canvases I see on Pinterest too, glad to know that it's affordable and do-able yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I've also seen these on pinterest and wanted to make one for my anniversary which was in August. Still haven't gotten around to it. Oh, well, there's always Christmas, or next anniversary. One of these day's I'll do it. Thanks for sharing. Yours looks great. Love the muted tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ABSOLUTELY love it!I need to make one of these it would be perfect for a shelf in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really neat; I like it! I may have to try this for our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful!!!!!! WOW!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. This is a thoughtful and creative gift. Something like this would be a wonderful first anniversary gift, too!

    Thanks for sharing at the Whip it Up Wednesday handmade linky party. I am looking forward to seeing more projects from you!

    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice and how sweet...I like that! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rebekah, What a sweet and thoughtful gift!

    Thanks so much for linking up and linking back last week at the Humble Brag! Even though its Black Friday, hope to see you back tomorrow to link up more great projects. Don't forget, we will be giving away more free ad space! :)
    http://www.oneprojectcloser.com/the-humble-brag-link-party-8/

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts