24 week update


Before I get started, I'd like to announce that I am now co-hosting a linky party!! Please click <here> to join in this week! Now on to Baby Land....

Ok, so I'm a week late getting this post up! Things have been hectic around here lately.  We had a wedding on Saturday, a big family portrait session on Sunday, I attended 2 field trips on Monday and Tuesday, and then Tuesday evening we left to go see my Mom for Thanksgiving. We got home Friday afternoon and decorated our house for Christmas. Saturday, we had Thanksgiving with my husband's family (and registered for Baby things!), and Sunday Image 1:27 Photography was booked for a family portrait session out of town.  It has been quite a week.

 
Since last time, Parker has gotten a LOT bigger (I say Parker, but really I mean my belly; it sounds better saying it's the baby though).  She is kicking and punching and stretching and rolling all the time! Andrew can feel her consistantly now, and a lot of the time we can even see the movements happening.  It's so cool to watch.  She's finally turning out of breech (Thank God!), so we feel movements at the top of my belly now.  She really seems to like just underneath my ribs on my left side. 
 
We haven't really done anymore to the nursery this month.  I'm waiting on a friend to get back in town so he and my husband can refinish the dresser.  We did register for baby shower/Christmas gifts on Saturday!  When we registered for our wedding, Andrew only wanted to register for things we *needed* and our opinion of what was needed was incredibly different (Him: Why do we need towels? I have towels!  Me: No, you have old blue rags that used to be towels that you got at the beginning of college that are falling apart and don't match anything.)  However, when registering for Parker... "We have to get the best one!!"  She has him wrapped around her tiny little finger. We had so much fun picking out everything and imagining her wearing/playing/using it all.
 
Hopefully, my 27 week post will be on time!

How far along? Today, I am 25 weeks, 4 days... I know... I posted this nearly 2 weeks late =(
Size of baby: Over a foot long. About the size of an eggplant.  She weighs over a pound and a half.
Total weight gain: 15 pounds-ish
Stretch marks? None so far =)
Sleep: As long as Andrew stops stealing my body pillow, I sleep pretty well haha  He's discovered how wonderful it is.

Best moment this week: Registering for Parker's things.  Our families told us to register before Christmas so they'd have an idea of what gifts to get.
Worst moment this week: More pregnancy brain fails... I left the house without deoderant one day, wore leggings backward all day and wondered why the stupid people who made them put the tag in the front... Never occurred to me that they were on backwards. I'm really hoping I go back to "normal" after Parker gets here!
Movement: Strong and steady! My husband can feel them and we love to sit and watch my stomach move around.
Food cravings: Orange juice!  I bought new body wash (Mango Mandarin) and the first time I used it, I called my husband into the bathroom and told him that unless he wanted me to eat he soap, I needed him to go to the store for some OJ!
What I miss: Sushi!  We went to a Japanese restaurant the other day and it was everywhere. 

What I am looking forward to: Andrew's family Christmas party on Sunday.  Some of these people we haven't seen in a year, so it will be so nice to reconnect!
Weekly Wisdom: Being pregnant over the winter-time is the way to go! Hormones keep me so warm that the cool temps feel awesome!



Comments

  1. Hi Rebekah!! What a sweet post! I love watching the process :) As for registry I can totally relate! My husband has things from 5+ years ago and it doesn't match anything .. but he keeps it b/c why waste money when you already have it? HAHAHAHA~~ Babies change men I guess :) You're starting new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! And I love how you are keeping track of all these things while you're pregnant. It will be fun to share with your daughter someday!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award, come check it out if you want to pass it on!
    http://www.thegoldensycamore.com/2012/11/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts