Pallet Christmas Tree


<Before we get started, please take the time to link up to the BRAND NEW linky party I am proud to be co-hosting! Thanks! >

My friend Ryan sent the other girls in our small group a picture from Pinterest of a pallet Christmas tree.  It was so adorable! We like to have a craft night about once a month or so, and we all decided that this needed to be this month's craft. 

Her husband had some pallets left over from a pumpkin patch. He actually built the pallet trees for us (he's so handy!). 

To add the writing, Ryan printed out text from her computer, and we used a really easy transfer method to paint it on our trees.

*I apologize for the pictures. They were taken with my not-so-smart phone.*

To start, we traced the back of the text with artists' charcoal (you can also rub it with pencil or chalk).
 
 Next we lined up the words where we wanted them on the wood charcoal-side down and traced the outline of the words with a ball point pen. After you do this, you can move the paper away, and the charcoal will have trasferred onto your surface.
 
 You can see it really well in this picture.
 
After the outline was done, we filled in the letters with paint using a small flat brush.  I freehanded the star at the top.
 
I really love how it turned out! It was so simple and quick to make, we'll probably be making more! Hello, Christmas presents =)

Click here to see where I link up!

Comments

  1. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me at pallet! I love it!! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this turned out awesome!! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect decoration for the holidays...
    I love it...
    It's always good to remember Jesus in our decorations... :)

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so well!!! It sounds easy enough too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--I love that! My mom and I saw something similar to what you made in a store the other day that was priced at $50. You should start selling these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!? I may need to start selling them if that's how much they go for haha

      Delete
  7. Visiting from Tell Me About it Tuesday. That is so neat! I love it! I keep wanting to do a pallet craft, but just haven't gotten around to it.

    Megan
    justasmalltowngirlsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree looks great!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute and different. Love it. Saw your link over at Someday Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! What a neat idea! I'll be featuring this on my blog on Saturday!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Thanks!
    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son made me some trees like this- but we never thought of painting a message on them - yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this project. I'm hosting a homemade holiday party with prizes and this project would be great to link up. I'd love for you to stop by.

    http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/12/homemade-holiday-party.html

    Have a wonderful day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! I saw some pallets out in the rain this morning! This is sooo cute I may have to swing by to pick them up so I can make one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEA!!!! I'm so glad you linked up this project...I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing on the homemade holiday party.

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning, Rebekah!

    So nice stopping by to visit with you. I love this project and I love your sweet place here. I have enjoyed perusing many of your posts :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I! LOVE! THIS!!!! And am in a mad dash to find a pallet. I have been wanting for our yard that would show the REAL reason for this amazing season. This is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! And the artist's charcoal is such a great idea! I'm pinning this and featuring this on my blog tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this!!! So simple and elegant. Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime. Pinning this idea for later.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! I love how it's shaped like a Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this!!! I am a new follower. I would love to have you as a guest judge on my blog in the new year. Please, email me if you are interested. Come check out the blog.
    www.thecsiproject.com
    Each week is a new craft challenge and a new guest judge. So, let me know. I adore your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That was clever! I love how to made those woods into something stunning christmas tree. i like the wording too. Cheers to holidays!

    Regards
    Anne Walker
    decorating Christmas tree ideas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts