"Lumpy Pudding"

One of my husband's favorite desserts is Chocolate Pudding.  If you may have noticed, the only dessert recipe on this blog is a cookie recipe that I have from my mom.  I am not a dessert person.  I don't really ever make desserts, so when my husband is craving it, he has to make it for himself... Which he loves. 

He really can cook well when he chooses to. 

This recipe he got from his mom.  She used to make it for him when he was a child as an afternoon snack.  It doesn't get all-the-way smooth, so he called it "Lumpy Pudding."  The name stuck.

To make Lumpy Pudding, you will need 
1/4 cup sugar, 2 heaping tbs flour, 2 heaping tbs cocoa powder.
Put in a pot and mix.

 Then you will need
the yolks of three large eggs.  Add those to the dry ingredients.

 Now for the wet ingredients
2 cups of milk and 1 tsp vanilla.  Mix and boil to thicken.

Here is the finished product and my husband's hand-written recipe that he keeps under a magnet on the fridge for easy access.  Never know when you'll want some "Lumpy Pudding!"




Comments

  1. I don't care what you call it...it looks yummy! So glad I found your blog via Three Mango Seeds. I'm a new follower so we can stay connected. I would love if you stopped by and followed too. Lori

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts