Spinach Dip Chicken Breasts

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! Easter Sunday happened to be the last day of our Spring Break, so we definitely made the most of it. We just celebrated as a family of three, but I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I am blessed to have the most wonderful husband and daughter I could ever have hoped for.

For Easter dinner, I opted not to make the traditional ham that I think most everyone else makes. My grandmother had cooked one when we went up to visit over the break, and I was not about to try to follow that performance! I had chicken already thawed in the fridge, so that became our Easter dinner. 

I baked the chicken and topped it with a creamy spinach made with Neufchâtel cheese. It tasted absolutely incredible and only took about 40 minutes from start to finish, leaving me plenty of time to spend with my family.


Ingredients
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
8 oz Neufchâtel cheese
1/4 c milk
Onion powder 


Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken. Bake for 15 minutes. 
While chicken is baking, combine spinach, cheese, and milk. Heat until mixture is melted and bubbling. Add onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste. 


When the chicken has baked for 15 minutes, remove from oven and top with spinach mixture. Top with shredded cheese. Bake for 15 more minutes. 


This was such a good meal. And even better company. And an ever better reason to celebrate! Happy Easter, everyone. Christ is risen!


Comments

Popular Posts