Chicken Philly Soup


Rain, rain, go away! That pretty much sums up how I feel about Alabama in the spring. It has rained every day for a week solid! But, these rainy, dreary days are perfect for staying home and snuggling up with family. They're also perfect days to enjoy a bowl of soup! 

When I was cooking this soup, I took a shot of my peppers and mushrooms sautéing in a separate pan and posted it to my Instagram page. 



Like I said, I'm the only one who eats them. I was surprised how many of my followers were in my same boat.  Oh, well. More for us!!

I kind of felt bad for my husband. Without the peppers and mushrooms, he literally just ate chicken in the broth. I could have been nice and made some rice for him to put in it or some noodles, but I was tired and dinner was dinner. Maybe next time!

I, however, enjoyed my chicken philly soup, complete with all its ingredients. I just added my extras at the end. 

This is a good recipe to make if you have leftover chicken that you just don't know what to do with or if you have a rotisserie chicken to use. I cooked my chicken breasts in advance so I didn't have to worry about taking the time for them to cook. Anything to save me some time in the evenings to spend with my family!



Ingredients
2-4 c cooked, shredded chicken
6 c chicken broth
8 oz cream cheese
Diced green bell peppers and mushrooms- as much (or as little) as you like
Onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
Olive oil 
Preferred thickener (I use a cornstarch and water mixture)

Directions
*I'm going to tell you how I'd LIKE to make this soup instead of how I made it the other night.*

In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add peppers and mushrooms. Sautée until nearly cooked. While the veggies are cooking, bring chicken broth to boil. Drain extra oil from veggies. Add shredded chicken and cream cheese. Mix until cheese is melted. Add chicken mixture into boiling chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes. Thicken with cornstarch. Serve warm. 






Comments

Popular Posts