Carb-friendly Cheesecake






In the last few months of me going low carb, I have had so much fun recreating my old favorite recipes into low carb, full flavor versions of themselves.  It has allowed me to get really creative with my choice of ingredients and meals.  My favorite thing, though, has been getting to share all of my creations.  Several of my friends also started eating low carb in January in an effort to be more healthy. Passing along all my new recipes and hearing that other people have tried them and they've actually WORKED is amazing. 

On my Accidentally Wonderful Instagram page, a few followers have asked for dessert recipes.  Here's the thing: I don't typically eat dessert.  Sweets have never been my favorite.  I'd much rather have an extra helping of the meal than a treat afterwards.  Also, I hate baking.  Having to be so precise and measure everything is just not me.  I'm more of a "let's throw everything in here and see how it turns out" kind of person.  However, in keeping in my new attitude of branching out, I thought I'd give a dessert a shot.

I really didn't know what I was doing, but sometimes the most wonderful things happen by complete accident.

Ingredients
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 package sugar-free Vanilla instant pudding
1 cup milk
Sugar-free chocolate syrup (optional)

Directions
Combine cream cheese, pudding mix, and milk.  Use a hand-mixer to blend ingredients together. Spread mixture into a round cake pan or 4 small ramekins. Chill for at least an hour.  Top with chocolate sauce. Serve.

The pudding mix creates a super creamy texture and just a hint of vanilla.  It would be good with chocolate pudding mix, too, I think! The best part about this was that I didn't  have to bake! I still got to just throw everything in and see how it turned out!

Comments

Popular Posts