Low Carb, Oven-fried Drumsticks with Lemon Cream Sauce


This was a really fun recipe to create! It was a blend of two Pinterest inspirations. I used drumsticks because they were on really good sale, but plain old boneless chicken breasts would be great, too!

For the chicken, I actually used crushed pork rinds and parmesan to make a crust. I kind of felt weird combining the pork rinds and the chicken... I don't know, something about mixing meats... But it's delicious so I got over it pretty fast. 

Ingredients (for chicken)
1 quart size ziploc bag filled with plain pork rinds, smashed
1/2 c grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
4 drum sticks or chicken breasts
Olive oil spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. In a gallon size ziploc bag, combine crushed pork rinds and parmesan. Coat drumsticks with salt and pepper. Place in ziploc bag. Shake well to coat. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 35-45 minutes until chicken reaches an internal tempurature of 165. 

While the chicken is baking, make the lemon cream sauce. This stuff is amazing!! Next time, I think I'll double the recipe, especially if I'm making chicken breasts. If you're not doing low carb, I bet it'd be amazing over some orzo pasta!! Or cauliflower rice, if you'd prefer!

Ingredients
1 c chicken broth
1 c whole milk
3 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Thickener of choice (I just use cornstarch)

Directions
Bring broth to boil. Stir in milk and lemon juice. Season to taste and thicken if desired. 

I also sautéed some mushrooms to add to the dish because, let's face it, I pretty much will add mushrooms to any dish that sits still long enough for me to add them. This was such a simple dish, but it's absolutely satisfying and delicious. 



Comments

Popular Posts