Baked Cheese with Sour cream and onion dip


So one of my students had a birthday today. We made brownies and served chips and dip. The brownies weren't such a temptation- they contained nuts, which I hate. However, having to pour out potato chips and dollop chip dip onto plates nearly killed me. Salty snacks are my biggest weakness. 

That's why when I came home, I had some of my own- a low carb version, that is. 


All I did was cut three slices of Colby jack cheese made with 2% in half and placed them spread apart on parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 (longer bake = crispier chip). 


Allow to cool on the pan, then transfer to a paper towel to blot the oil. 

For the dip, I mixed a tablespoon of mayo with a tablespoon of sour cream. Add onion powder and salt to taste. 

Remember- each "chip" is really a slice of cheese, so you don't want to eat a whole bunch of them. Luckily, they are pretty rich, so I was satisfied after six. They really hit the spot and gave me the flavor and crunch I was looking for without blowing my carb count for the day. 





Comments

Popular Posts