Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Bombs


One of my very favorite snack foods is jalapeno poppers.  Before I went low carb, there was a certain brand of popper at Walmart that I'd buy all the time.  They were made with cream cheese and diced jalapenos in a crunchy breading. I called them "bombs" since they were more like a bite than an actual popper.  Oh, they were delicious.  But with my new eating habits, I try not to eat things like that anymore.  But that doesn't mean I can't make my own!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I spent all day today working on that English project.  It was certainly a doozy.  I started around 8:30 this morning, blinked, and suddenly four hours had gone by! No wonder I was hungry!

I needed a good break.  I needed a good LUNCH.  Luckily, I had just the ingredients I needed to try my own jalapeno popper "bombs."

I sliced and removed the seeds from three decently sized jalapenos.  I think I may add a fourth one next time; I like it hot! I diced them into small pieces and poured them in a large bowl.  I added around 6 oz of cream cheese and stirred it all together.  Then I added a sprinkling of shredded parmesan to help the mixture take on a thicker texture.

I scooped out a small amount of the mixture and rolled it into a ball.  I was able to make 10 out of my ingredients. I placed the balls onto a baking sheet and put the whole thing in the fridge to really set.  Cold foods fry better, in my opinion.

Once the balls were set, I heated my oil over medium-high heat.  I prepared the ingredients for my "breading." In one bowl, I cracked and scrambled an egg.  In a second bowl, I poured crushed pork rinds: my go-to ingredient for when I want a really crispy coating. I coated each ball in the pork rinds, then rolled them in the egg, and then added a second coat of pork rinds, making sure that not one area of the cream cheese was left exposed.  When I began to fry to balls, I was really glad that they stayed together.  I had envisioned globs of cream cheese oozing out of all sides, melting into a giant mess.  They took only about a minute to cook, getting nice and golden brown on all sides.  I drained the excess oil on a paper towel and let them cool for a minute.

Let me tell you, for as much as I loved my old favorites, there's a new favorite in town!

The outside was so crunchy, and the inside was creamy perfection. 







What is a snack food you can't live without? Share in the comments!

Comments

  1. Sounds great! Trying these tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much oil did you use for these or do you remember? I have all of the ingredients here and am dying to try them but I've never deep fried anything before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enough to submerge them about half way, I think. I rotated them while cooking, so they still ended up even. You could do enough to completely submerge them if you'd rather.

      Delete
  3. I've made these 3 or 4 times since I found this recipe. They are soooooo good. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I just LOVE poppers... Is there any "breading" other than pork rinds that I can use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many pork rinds did you use? An entire bag? I don't want to crush them all if I don't need to. Thanks, I can't wait to make these, they look DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe half a bag? Start there and you can always crush more if you need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering if you can add a little shredded cheddar to the cream cheese or would it melt and run out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This recipe is crazy awesome!!! I used sugar-free raspberry jam and added some smoked paprika and a little more sweetener (swerve) to make a really nice sweet dip for them! This will be a new staple around here!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Made these tonight and they were pure delish! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I did use 4 jalapeno's and the entire package of 1/3 fat cream cheese. Wow Wow Wow.... I will be sharing this find with all my foodie friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. just getting my feet wet with Keto, what type of oil did you fry them in?

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for information
    Customboxes4less.com are provide custom packaging boxes in suitable prices. Free designing and with free shipping. We are deal
    in USA and CANADA
    Custom Printed boxes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great article.
    I have read this blog and also get one more blog on the same topic but I really loved your blog content as compare as others. "Buy best Popper online

    ReplyDelete
  13. The PackagingPAPA’s Packaging boxes are as extraordinary as they are unique and work wonders for businesses from taking small stores to local domination, to national level brands to multi-national organizations. The commitment to deliver superior & matchless packaging printing services has earned us acclamation from our valuable clients. We are preferred a multitude of businesses, and we create & deliver the highest quality custom boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Get Your Custom Macaron Boxes – Wholesale Macaron Packaging Boxes with Logo Made in Custom Shapes, sizes, and layouts. We offer quality and error-free packaging services with free shipping in all the USA. Personalize your macaron boxes using one of our beautification design idea that will multiply the product’s attraction towards your customers. Get your desired custom macaron boxes to give a handmade look and perfect packaging to your macarons. Hence, the beautifully customized Retail and Wholesale Boxes is a perfect pick for your product collection. But at Papa, there are other shapes and styles of Custom Boxes available.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was more than happy to discover this website. I wanted to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!!custom packaging uk | custom packaging uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is very informative post thanks for sharing the information.
    colourful Bath Bomb boxes
    Book boxes Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful and nicely baked. If you or anyone else has baked macarons and want it's packaging to serve to someone special I suggest going for custom macaron boxes. macaron boxes

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is very meaningful for me and I will try it at home and hope you share more recipes for engaging and getting a good learning.
    Source: Tincture boxes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello. you have posted great blog article, it really helpful to us about gifit card box

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am really impressed with your writing abilities as neatly as with the layout on your blog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you modify it your self? Anyway stay up the nice high quality writing, it is
    uncommon to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.
    Claws Custom Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking to make your wholesale custom Snack Boxes more exciting and interesting?
    PackHit has you covered. Also, get free shipping and design support.
    custom Snack Boxes wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  23. There are a few key reasons why customizing your vape boxes is such a good idea. First of all, it allows you to showcase your unique brand identity. Having a recognizable design will help customers remember your product and increase word-of-mouth marketing. Additionally, Custom vape packaging boxes provide an extra level of security for your products.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This formula is incredibly magnificent!!! I utilized without sugar raspberry jam and added a few smoked paprika and somewhat more sugar (steer) to make a truly pleasant sweet plunge for them! This will be another staple around here!! A debt of gratitude is in order for posting! Promotional products

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks so yummy and delicious. When such snacks are packaged in custom snack boxes, everyone loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is really enjoyable to visit your website because you have such an amazing writing style.
    You must visit our website, if you are looking for spiral notebook printing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your all post. You have accomplished great work. Much thanks to you for the data you give, it helped me a great deal. I desire to have a lot more sections or so from you. Exceptionally fascinating site. Wongesq

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi! I just might want to offer you a major approval for the fantastic data you have here on this post. I'll be getting back to your site for all the more soon. See resources here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts