Tilapia Cakes with Lemon Dill Sauce

I have been stuck-in-the-bed sick for the last two days. My husband has been amazing taking care of both me and our daughter. He always brought me a fresh glass of water when mine was getting low and the ice cubes had melted. He played picnic with our little girl and read her the same book 30 times. He was a trooper. 

So today, since I was finally feeling better, I wanted to make up for the frozen pizza he had cooked for himself the last two nights. 

We both love crab cakes, and I've been wanting to try to make some, but tonight we didn't have crab. We had tilapia. So I made tilapia cakes. They were amazing! The sauce really added the finishing touch. I served it with cucumber salad (for me) and corn on the cob (for him). Baby girl even ate some of the fish! It was easy and fast. I will definitely keep this recipe on stand-by. 



Ingredients
3 small tilapia fillets, cooked
1 egg
1 cup mashed potatoes (I used leftovers)
A splash of lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbs Parmesan cheese
2 tbs Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
Flour for dusting
Oil for frying

Directions
Heat oil in skillet over medium/medium-high heat. 
Combine all ingredients except flour in a bowl to make a dough. 
Form dough into small portions and coat in flour. 
Fry for about 90 seconds on each side. 

Ingredients for sauce
2 tbs mayo
1 tbs lemon juice
3 "shakes" of dill (from a spice rack)

Directions
Combine all ingredients and spread over tilapia cakes. 




Comments

Popular Posts