Reflections

Even though it has been a very long, nap-free day with a clingy baby girl attached to my leg, I miss her at night after she's gone to bed. The house is quiet. The toys are put away. My attention is not divided. I can do what I want. But I find that all I want to do is watch my sweet girl sleep. Being a parent is nonstop. It can be difficult. It can be tiring. But I cannot even remember my life before her. I would not ever want to go back. She is my heart living outside of my body. Even the toughest days are better than any day I had without her. She has her dad's big brown eyes and my smile. She is so smart. She is so energetic and kind. I am so blessed to have been given this gift, this perfect little girl. She takes my breath away and melts my heart. She is everything. 



Comments

Popular Posts