Low Carb Paleo Chicken Pot Pie Soup


I must admit, this is not what I intended to make for dinner last night. I tried to make pie crust with coconut flour but SOMEBODY on Pinterest LIED about their recipe. I did everything exactly as it was written, and that was the worst crust I've ever had. That's what I get for sticking to someone else's recipe when I know it should be different. Oh well. Live and learn, I guess. 

However, the filling to the pot pie that I had intended to make was delicious and made an awesome soup by itself! All the flavor of a pot pie, just no crust. I may have failed at my first attempt, but I still call it a success!

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 can carrot coins, drained
1 can green beans, drained
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup almond milk
Season as desired

Directions
Bring four cups of broth to boil. Add in carrot coins and green beans. Add chicken. Heat through. Add almond milk and season to taste. If it's too thin, add some xanthan gum to thicken. If you don't have any, cornstarch works, too. 

I will not quit on my quest for the perfect low carb pie crust. Although I prefer cooking to baking, I need to stretch my limits and be a more rounded home cook. Any low carb crust tips?

Comments

Popular Posts