Bell Pepper Baked Egg with Mushroom Parmesan Sauce



I have so enjoyed having delayed starts and days off due to weather.  That's one of the best things about being a teacher! (just kidding... sort of...)  I have taken advantage of these slow mornings by actually making breakfast instead of just grabbing my cup of coffee on the way out the door.

Aldi recently had a great sale on their produce! I bought so many bell peppers!  Actually, I bought too many bell peppers because I forgot that I am the only one in my family that will eat them.

I chopped some of them and froze them for later use.  A few, however, went into breakfast dishes like this!

Ingredients
1/2 bell pepper, deseeded
1 egg
salt and pepper
sliced mushrooms
2 tbsp butter
1/2 c almond milk
1/2 c parmesan, grated
garlic powder

Directions
Crack the egg into the bell pepper half.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake for 20 minutes on 400.
Melt butter in hot skillet.  Add sliced mushrooms and garlic powder.  Sautee mushrooms until browned.  Pour in almond milk and add parmesan cheese.  Stir well.  Allow to simmer.  Sauce will thicken as it stands.  Remove pepper from oven.  Top with mushroom sauce.

I love getting to sit down to breakfast! It helps my whole day feel more relaxed.  I guess breakfast really is the most important meal of the day!

Comments

Popular Posts