Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole

On a chilly fall night, I love nothing better than sitting down to a hot meal.  Sadly, yesterday I forgot to thaw my chicken.  Hope seemed lost. Suddenly I remembered I have a can of cooked chicken in my pantry.  Hope restored!  Except that canned chicken has virtually no flavor.  What's a girl to do other than doctor it up? So here it is- my split-second, canned-chicken-to-the-rescue Easy Cheesy Chicken Casserole recipe.

Ingredients:
One 10oz can of cooked chicken (drained)
One cup (ish) frozen broccoli florets
One can condensed Broccoli and Cheese Soup
One cup of Milk
Two cups (ish) almost-all-the-way cooked rotini or bow-tie noodles
Salt, pepper, garlic powder... really whatever seasonings you like
Parmesan Cheese

1.Go ahead and set the noodles on to boil (they take the longest).
 
2.Combine the milk, soup, and broccoli in a 10" skillet and bring to a boil. Add your seasonings.Turn down the heat and let it simmer for about five minutes (until the broccoli is tender). Stir the chicken into the mix. Turn on low heat and cover to keep it warm.

3. When your noodles have cooked almost all the way, add them to your skillet and raise the heat to cook the pasta the rest of the way. This makes the noodles have more flavor.

4. Top with shredded parmesan cheese and enjoy!



Follow Me on Pinterest

Comments

  1. This looks delicious!! I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back =-)
    Beth
    www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had all the ingredients except the broccoli and cheese soup so I substituted nacho cheese soup. It was very good!
    So nice to know that I can substitute other soups that I have on hand in my pantry. Thanks so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts