Mushroom Bisque with Feta and Bacon


A few weeks ago, I made some incredible stuffed mushrooms with feta, bacon, and spinach, so when I set out to make a mushroom bisque, I knew what flavors would make the perfect addition. Since I'm the only one in my family who eats mushrooms, I just made a small recipe, but this could easily be doubled. This one made about two large servings. 

Ingredients
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
4 tbs butter
2 c chicken broth 
1/4 c whole milk
Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
Feta cheese, crumbled
Bacon bits

Directions
Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sautée until soft and brown. Add chicken broth and allow to simmer uncovered for about five minutes. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. (If you don't have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender or a food processor.) Remove from heat and add the milk. Season to taste. Top with feta and bacon bits, as much or as little as you want. 

Who says healthy can't be tasty!?






Comments

Popular Posts