Project Nursery- Project Complete!

Just in time for Sweet P's arrival, her nursery is ready for her... and so are her parents!  When we first decided to buy this house, this room was going to be the guest room.  That plan lasted for about a week and a half, until we got the best news in the whole world.

It has been fun looking for ideas and coming up with many of my own.  BIG THANK YOU's go out to everyone who helped!

 
The recliner belonged to my husband's great-grandfather who passed away when my husband was little.  Only "Pop" was allowed to sit in the chair, and only my husband was allowed to sit with him.  It is in really great condition and has so much sentimental value.
 
The blanket on the chair was made by my grandmother.  The details in the knitting are breath-taking.
 
I made the window treatments and bought the curtains at Target. The crib is from Walmart. It's one of the convertible kinds, so it can grow with her.  The adorable owl xylophone is a gift from Aunt Jessica and Uncle Anthony, both of whom, along with my husband, are super-talented percussionists! I found the mirror and the frames at a flea market and fixed them up. The yellow zig zag picture is a gift from Aunt Ryan, who gave it to us the day we found out we were having a girl.
 
 
I adore my chevron striped wall! It turned out so well! My mom and Ryan helped me get it finished, and without their help, it would have been much more difficult.
 
The pictures on the wall are the two sides of our family: Hubby's is on top and mine is on bottom. The cross I purchased at a craft fair at a friend's church.  The lion is a Scentsy Buddy from Aunt Lize. It makes her whole room smell like baby powder! The pink lamp holds a pretty neat surprise when you turn it on.
 
The changing table/dresser combo was truly a labor of love...
 
 
I also made the wreath hanging from her door. 
I bought a scrapbook to use to keep track of the pregnancy and Parker's growing up.  I haven't been able to do a whole lot with it, but it hangs right outside her door in the hallway on a plate holder.  MUCH better than tucking it away in a book shelf. That will be my project for the summer.
 
So there it is! Baby girl's nursery reveal.  Don't you just love it when what you picture in your head is exactly what you get? Now that this room is done, we can move on to the rest of the house... eventually :)
 
 

Comments

  1. It looks awesome! I love the chevron wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and especially the chevron wall. Congrats on your new addition! Found you via Tutorial Tuesday linky.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the chevron wall. I painted stripes and it took a while so I know the chevron needed a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Love the grey and yellow combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful room you've created for your little one! I adore your chevron striped wall, you guys did a great job!! I found you at Blooming Homestead link party and I am your newest follower! Would love if you could pay me a visit sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet haven you have created for your new little one! I love it! The color scheme is perfect! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfect!! i love everything:)
    thanks for sharing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful nursery! You must smile every time you walk on there! I would love for you to share it this week on Thrifty Thursdays link party @ http://fromnature-tonurture.blogspot.com/ Hope to see you there! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from the Tell me Tuesday link up...love the nursery!! The chevron wall is awesome and the color of the cross looks great with the yellow on the wall! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see a picture of her in the crib. Your nursery is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! I just wanted to tell you that I chose your DIY finishing powder post to be featured in my Top 15 Best pampering/beauty DIY projects. If you’d like to see the post and grab a featured button feel free to head on over to my site http://nickieslittlebubble.blogspot.com

    I adore the nursery too!The Chevron pattern just ties it all in together. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. O my gosh, I am in love with the chevron wall! How awesome!!!

    Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  13. This turned out beautifully. How proud are you. If I had a baby in my future I would be pinning away. Delightful. Thanks for sharing.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, this is so pretty. I just love that chevron wall too! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I totally.. love love that wall.. stunning!! amazing.. you've put it together beautifully... bless!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the different elements in your nursery. Thanks for inspiring me for my own nursery. I'm going to use gray on my walls and pink and yellow accents - love your nurser. Thanks so much for sharing it at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts