39 weeks


So as I am writing this, it is T-73.5 hours until I go to the hospital to start the induction process! In less than 4 days, all the leg cramps, heart burn, absent-mindedness, and everything else that has been going on for the last nine months will be totally worth it.  My sweet baby girl will be here! I can't wait to hold her and look at her and know that my life will never be the same.

My husband and I have been enjoying our last weekend as a family of two.  He took me to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch today, and we got a slice of red velvet and chocolate truffle cheesecake slices to eat later while we watch Argo.  Tomorrow will be a lazy day around the house.  We'll make sure everything is cleaned up, and I'll probably make a few more freezer meals to add to our stockpile lol 

I have everything ready for my sub at school.  I am SO READY to be on maternity leave, but I've saved all my days to use after Parker is born, so I'll work Monday and Tuesday, then check into the hospital Tuesday night (unless she decides to come a bit sooner, which would be fine with me!). The students are so excited and keep asking when I'll bring her to the school to see them.  Maybe when it warms up and we don't have snow flurries coming down (You can't tell, but there are some in this picture... in March... in Alabama. That is not ok.). 

It seems like we just found out, but at the same time it feels like it's been an eternity waiting for the big moment.  Now that it's finally here, I pray for myself: that I will have a good labor and delivery. That I will be a good mom. That I will NEVER take this blessing for granted. I pray for my husband: that he will stay strong and continue to be a good leader for his growing family.  I pray for my daughter: that she will be born healthy. That she will grow in size and strength. That she will love the Lord. 

Please keep us in your prayers as we begin this next step!



How far along? 39 weeks, 3 days 
Size of baby: Full-term!!!
Total weight gain: 30ish lbs
Stretch marks? A couple, but not too bad. Bring on the cocoa butter!
Sleep: Some nights great, some terrible. I've been going to bed a lot earlier lately though.
Best moment this week: There have been a couple.  Spending time with my husband and just enjoying each other's company.  Having another ultrasound.  Scheduling the induction. I just feel blessed and peaceful, which is the best thing I could have asked for.
Worst moment this week: Nothing really.
Movement: She's still surprisingly active. She's basically out of room, but doesn't mind stretching me out to turn and kick.
Food cravings: Ice, ice, and more ice. Still. Especially the pellet kind at Sonic!
What I miss: Since I'm about to not be pregnant anymore, I am enjoying every last minute of it. 
What I am looking forward to: Meeting my baby!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: This close to the end, make sure to make time to be a "couple" with your husband.  It will never be just the two of you again. Don't rush through it.





Comments

  1. Im so jealous that your 39 weeks! Im almost 26 weeks and June could not get here fast enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be here before you know it! It's those last three weeks that seem to take FOREVER :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations and good luck! Enjoy your last few days, because you won't have a moment to yourself for awhile. You will be so in love though it won't matter.

    Hopping from WSM Blog Hop.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aweee, so excited for you! you look like a beautiful beaming mama that is ready, ready, ready! sending wishes your way that everything goes smoothly. congratulations on your baby on the way, or already here :)

    new follower via the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you! You are only a few days away from meeting your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts