Scrappy Happy Wreath

I just got finished making this scrappy wreath for our baby girl Parker's door.  Even though she won't get to enjoy it for 21 more weeks, I want to go ahead and get her nursery as ready as I can while I have the energy.  Have I mentioned that the second trimester is SO much better than the first??

To start I used a vine wreath form that looked very similar to this, but it was from Dollar Tree.

I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a roll of fabric strips.
I love the colors in these swatches!!  And I have plenty left over to use for something else!

I cut 9" pieces from the strips and tied them around my wreath form.  At the bottom, I hot glued some felt flowers that I had made earlier this year for something else.  The colors really go well with this!

Finished product.  It didn't take as long as I thought it would.


Close up of the flowers.
 
 
Here it is hanging on Parker's door.  I put up some of the balloons from the when we found out she was a SHE :)
We've got a lot left to do to get ready for Parker, but I can't wait to meet her!

Comments

  1. What a cute wreath! I love the colors:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! what kind of base did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a vine wreath that I bought at the dollar tree. I didn't take a before picture =( and I couldn't find the exact one online.

      Delete
  3. That is super cute and it looks simple enough that I could try it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!
    I would love if you would share this at my link party going on right now:

    http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-weekly-creative-4.html

    Thanks!
    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cute! and simple to make!

    Have a great night! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Прекрасен венец, браво за вас. Много обичам тези цветни платове. Поздрави от мен и Чехия.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Много благодаря! Здравейте на Чешката република!

      Delete
  7. wonderful work....really flattered of the result and lov ur blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun wreath! What a great way to use leftover fabric scraps! I would love to have you share this at my link party!

    http://www.pincushioncreations.com/2012/10/homemade-by-you-34.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just linked up! I added your party to my blog party page so I can find it again next week =) Love the baby mittens tutorial!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful wreath!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts