Goat cheese stuffed chicken breasts


Welcome back to my blog! I have been seriously neglectful of it, but in my defense, I've had a lot going on. How about GRAD SCHOOL!!! I applied last fall and I am currently taking my first two classes! Woo hoo! And also... *yawn*

I'm always tired. Which is why I haven't been blogging recently. But this recipe was so good, I wanted to write it down quickly so I didn't forget it. 


It was inspired by one my husband found online, but as always, I changed a few things. 

Ingredients (for two servings)
2 chicken breasts
2 oz goat cheese
1.5 tbs butter
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper (to taste)
Flour (coconut or almond if you're going low carb)
Egg
Oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350. 
Combine seasonings, cheese, lemon juice, and butter. 
Cut a slit into each chicken breast, starting on the thickest end (like you're making a pocket... Because that's exactly what you're doing. 
Stuff half of the cheese mixture into each chicken breast. 
Coat the chicken in flour, then egg, then flour again. 
Brown the chicken in oil over medium-high heat for three minutes on each side. 
Place chicken in the oven to finish cooking (around 8-10 minutes). 


I also made a lemon pepper cream sauce to top the chicken. It was the perfect addition! I don't have a real recipe for this. I just mixed it until I liked the taste, but I will try my best to write one out. 

First, I made a roux with butter and flour. Next, I added some whole milk and the juice of one lemon. It got a little too thick, so I added some more milk. Then I added garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and a dash of red pepper. I kept adding seasoning until I liked the taste. That's the beauty of cooking. It's personal. 


We ate dinner together at the kitchen table, which is one of my New Years resolutions. It's so important to eat together as a family. 

So here's hoping I keep up with the blog! I really do enjoy it, and I need something that's just for me amidst everything else I'm doing. And if other's enjoy it as well? The more the merrier :)




Comments

Popular Posts