Cheesy Cauliflower "Grits"


I have come to love cauliflower. 

There, I said it. 

I. Love. Cauliflower. 

But... I don't love it as cauliflower. I love it because it can be disguised as nearly anything else. Like grits :)

Start by "ricing" a head of cauliflower. I use a cheese grater to do this, but you could also use a food processor or cut it fine with a butcher knife. 

Next, you'll combine the cauliflower with a little milk in a pan to heat it through and make it soft. Just check it periodically until it reaches a texture you like. I like it to have a little bit more crunch to it. 

Once the cauliflower is cooked, add whatever cheese you like. I added Parmesan and a bit of Colby Jack. I also added salt and pepper and a touch of garlic powder. 

These are great as a side dish for breakfast. I used to not like grits. I know, what southern girl doesn't like grits?? But then I realized the error of my ways. And now in a low carb lifestyle, I can't have them. Since I made these, I actually like them more. Knowing that I'm getting a full serving of veggies makes it even better! 

I made these again using frozen cauliflower. 


Can't even tell!!  I put a serving of the frozen cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for three minutes, drain the water, and they are ready to be used just like the fresh cauliflower. Either put them in a food processor or chop them with a butcher knife. Easy as pie... Low carb pie, of course!

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

  1. I'm a grits girl, but have a hard time wrapping my head around cauliflower not having a crazy strong taste and smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I was, too. But with all the seasonings (and cheese!), you don't get that bitter taste.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts