Low Carb Fried Pickles


Low carb. Fried. Pickles. 

These bad boys barely even need an introduction. The inspiration for this recipe came from a pic I saw in Instagram. 

Fried pickles have always been one of my favorite snacks. I've made fried zucchini slices using coconut flower as the breading, but I wanted something with more crunch for these. Pork rinds to he rescue. 

I used my food processor to make the pork rind crumbs this time rather than crushing them by hand. They need to be very finely ground. Otherwise, the breading will be too much and you'll lose the pickle. Trust me. 

Coat the pickle slices in an egg wash and then coat them in the pork rind crumbs. Fry them over medium-high heat in hot oil. I used canola. 



I made my dill sauce to dip them in, but this time I added pickle juice rather than lemon juice to give them an extra kick of pickle flavor. It was a good call. 

These were absolutely amazing. I am so excited to have a low carb version of one of my all time favorite guilty pleasures. What's one of your favorite snacks? Let me know in the comments, and who knows? You may see a low carb version pop up on here one day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts