These little lights of mine

I was looking through one of the online yard sales that I follow and I found these two lamps. A friend I used to teach with had chalk painted a lamp, so I thought about giving it a shot. I picked up the pair for only $8!

I used my new favorite paint color- Valspar's Sea Sage. It took three coats to give it the coverage I wanted with no streaks.

Then I lightly distressed the edges and some of the grooves. I tried glazing it, but I didn't like how that looked, so I wiped it off. 

The lamp cords were that awful gold color that never blends in with any decor. My solution was simple, yet time consuming. I wrapped the cords in jute. I ran some hot glue up one side of the cord and wrapped the jute, then repeated up the entire thing. Each one took about an hour and a half to do. Thank goodness "Gilmore Girls" is on Netflix!

I gave the lamps a couple top coats of Minwax polycrylic  I like how it gave it an almost laquer-like finish. 

This was such a fun transformation.  I did one at a time, so I could get a good idea of the before and after.

It'd be such a shame if they didn't sell, and I had to keep them.  It's not like it matches my bedroom perfectly or anything ;)


Post a Comment

Popular Posts