Matting and Framing




Michael's recently had these laser cut frames on sale.  I had been looking for an inexpensive way to frame some of Parker's pictures. I wanted something unique, but unique can be pricey.

Michael's had the frames on sale for $1.99 instead of regular $7.99!  As you can imagine, I bought several.  They also had pre-wrapped canvas on sale half off. The canvas is 11x14... the same as the opening of the frame.

I spray painted the frame a dark bronze-y brown color. Then I hot-glued the canvas on to the front of the opening.  Using modpodge, I attached my favorite of Parker's newborn pictures.  I also purchased some decorative trim from Michael's, spray painted it the same color, and measured and cut it as a border for the photo.

In this picture, I have it hanging in Parker's nursery, but I haven't decided where it's permanent residence will be.  I love the unique way the photo is displayed, and I love how inexpensive it was to make it!

Comments

  1. I have seen those at Michaels before, love them, however, was never really sure what to do with them since they did not have backing or glass like a traditional frame. Great idea to add the canvas! Found you via the Cheerios and Latte's link up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frame!! Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts