PEP Talks- 21 months

So my mom and I were looking at the calendar, and we did some math, and wouldn't you know it? I am 21 months old already!  I guess I should fill you all in on how I've been doing the last three months.  There's a whole bunch to cover, so I'll get started.

October was so fun! There was a bouncy house and a big slide and a pumpkin patch, just like last year (apparently. I don't remember.  After all, I was only 7 months old at the time!).  We had a BLAST! Daddy and Mommy took me down the slide and let me go in the bouncy house with them.  It was hard to walk around in there, but I loved it!



I also go to a Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat.  Mommy and Daddy dressed up as Hipsters, and I was a Starbucks Frapp.  Everybody thought I was so cute! Especially in my glasses.  Mommy borrowed a pair from Aunt Ryan.  When I saw her wearing them, I put on the other pair all by myself and wore them all night!







In November, we celebrated Thanksgiving.  It was nice getting to see my family.  We went up the weekend before to see Mommy's side of the family, and Thanksgiving day was spend with Daddy's side.  I ate foods I have refused to eat every other time I've been offered them! What can I say? I have to keep Mommy on her toes!






So that's what I've been up to; now a little about me.

I have decided I like to nap.  Gasp, you should.  Why I fought it so hard for so long is beyond me.  I am in such a better mood after my nap! And so are my parents!  And not only do I nap, but I nap HARD! I'm talking two and a half or three hours at a time on a good day.  I started transitioning to napping by watching a super amazing show on Netflix called "Flowers."  It has close-ups of flowers blooming and rain falling... And the music! It is so relaxing.  I just couldn't help myself.  I was mesmerized.  Slowly, my eyelids began to droop... All of the sudden, it was two hours later.  I felt amazing, ready to take on the world! Soon after, I grew accustomed to watching my special show everyday at the same time.  I started getting sleepy at that time no matter if the show was on or not.  Now, Mommy asks, "Are you ready for night-night?"  I AM! I lay in my crib and curl up with my blanket and Frederick, and I take a nap.  It's glorious.



I'm also getting much better at eating different foods.  I still have my favorites (fish sticks are still the best), but I am willing to try new things.  I love burgers and tacos.  I love soup (I get that from my mom!). Mac and cheese, veggies, fruits of all kinds... The only thing I will not eat is chicken.  Do you know what chicken is? It's a CHICKEN! You know, the kind that goes, "Bock, bock, bock."  I have never liked chicken, but Mommy and Daddy finally figured out why.  They gave me my plate of chicken.  I looked at it and back at them and started "bock, bock, bock-ing."  Don't they know chicken is a sweet little animal? It's in my Barnyard Dance book.  And they want me to eat it?!? How horribly cruel! I refuse.  No chicken for me. 

The best thing that's been happening is that I've really been talking even more, to the point that Mommy and Daddy know what I'm saying and can answer me back.  We have conversations!  I can say some pretty big sentences.  One afternoon, I told Mommy, "Duck swims in the water!"  She was so thrilled that I said it again and again. And again.  And a few more times until I pretty much wore it out.  But Mommy loved hearing it.  Another thing I say is "I'm okay!"  If I fall or if I'm hiding, my parents will ask me, "Are you okay?" and I say, "I'm okay!" It comes out "Hockey Kay!" I even ask my toys if they're okay if they fall off the couch or if I drop them.  I'm very considerate.  I use my words when I want something, and I am very specific.  Mommy says I'm going to keep talking better and better.  It will be so nice to talk to everybody when I'm bigger!

Looking forward, I am excited to celebrate Christmas! Mommy and Daddy put the tree up one night while I was asleep.  I love the tree so much.  I am very gentle with the tree.  I know what I'm allowed to touch and what I need to leave alone.  I love all the "lights" and "balls." The presents are pretty fun, too.  I may or may not have seen Mommy do this, but what I do is pick up a present and gently shake it back and forth.  Then I put it up to my ear (or Mommy's ear if it's her present), and I say, "What could it be?" It comes out pretty much just a high-pitched "Be?" but that's what I mean. 

Mommy and Daddy started a new tradition with me for Advent.  Every night, I get to open a new Christmas story book! It is my favorite part of the day.  I love books, so this is the perfect thing for me.  I open the book and sit in either Mommy or Daddy's lap while they read the story to me.  At the end, I say, "Again?"  This continues for a few re-readings.  I'm only on book 9, but I'll fill you all in on the rest next time I post. 



I can't wait to tell you all about my Christmas.  I may not be able to wait three more months to post.  There's too much going on, and I'm worried I'm forgetting things and leaving them out, which misses the point of the whole thing.  Yes.  I think I'll have to write more often.  If I can pry Mommy away from the computer! She is almost done with her English degree, and she is working hard. I keep telling her itt will all be worth it!  I even cheer her on.  Mommy was upset one evening, so Daddy and I shouted, "Go, Mommy!" It made her feel a lot better.  We are really proud of her; I hope she doesn't forget that!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from the last few months.  Until next time,

Parker E. Poe







Comments

Popular Posts