33 weeks


It's crazy to think that Sweet P's due date is less than 50 days away.  This pregnancy has flown by!  And I am so glad. I am an "instant gratification" kind of person, basically saying, I hate to wait! Especially for something so wonderful and exciting that I've always wanted.  This has been a true test of my ability to give up control, and let God do what He does best.  I have always wanted to be the one in charge of a situation, but this has shown me that I can't always be, and there is someONE who has the perfect plan.  

I have been very blessed to have a mostly uneventful pregnancy.  We did have a scare at week 31. My blood pressure dropped way low, I was dizzy and nauseous, and something just didn't "feel right."  I called my doctor and she told me to come in right away, not to her office, but to the Maternity ward so they could do some evaluations and tests and check on the baby.

They gave me an IV and got my blood pressure back up.  It was scary, but I knew who was in control. Thankfully, Parker was still  comfy and cozy with no plans for an early arrival. I stayed home the rest of the week and weekend taking it very easy.  We went back to the doctor the next week, and everything checked out great. I am starting my every-two-week appointments now, so the end really is in sight! Hopefully baby girl stays put until March!




Also, I had my first baby shower two weekends ago.  It was way more than I could have ever hoped for.  I am so blessed to have the group of friends and family that I have to love and support me.  Everyone is so excited to meet Parker.  She is a very blessed little girl =)
Yes, that IS a handmade Dorothy dress =)

MIL, me, and my mom =)

How far along? 33 weeks, 4 days 
Size of baby: According to average, she should be somewhere around 4-5 lbs and 18-20 inches long.  I'll find out more accurately at the 36 doctor appointment.
Total weight gain: 25 lbs... I'm beginning to feel like a whale
Stretch marks? Not on my belly
Sleep: Getting better! Maybe because I'm more and more tired.  I have grown extremely fond of NAPS!
Best moment this week: Celebrating with friends and family at the baby shower. And getting thank you cards finished within a week =)
Worst moment this week: See above story
Movement: She moves a lot.  I have fun trying to guess what part of her I'm feeling.  She likes to stretch and roll.  
Food cravings: Ice!!! I can't seem to get enough.  Guess that'll be a good thing for delivery when that's all I'll be able to eat.
What I miss: Non-maternity clothes, especially dresses.  
What I am looking forward to: Another doctor appointment this week. Then an ultrasound two weeks after that.  Also, my husband and his friend have been working on refinishing the dresser I bought for Parker.  I got it at a thrift store. It's in great condition, just needs some paint and updates.  I'm looking forward to getting that finished so her room will be all ready for her!
Weekly Wisdom: Hit up thrift stores for maternity and baby clothes! I got 7 outfits for Sweet P and 4 shirts for me for just over $20 =)

Comments

  1. Sorry you had to go through that! At least everything has gone well since :)

    Your baby shower looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyy i becareful eating ice! parker will want it too!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts