Saturday, June 28, 2014
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Saturday, June 21, 2014
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 pound ground round beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz. each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pkg. (1.25 oz. each) taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Shredded lettuce and sour cream, optional
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, adding the garlic salt.
- Meanwhile, cook beef and onion in large skillet over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in undrained tomatoes, seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide quinoa evenly between 4 bowls. Spoon meat mixture evenly over quinoa. Sprinkle each serving with cheese. Top with lettuce and sour cream, if desired.
Monday, June 16, 2014
Monday, June 9, 2014
So in my last post I was bragging that I had started walking just a little bit. Well, you should see me now! I can run! And, boy, do I love to run. I also love to climb. I have recently discovered that I can climb up Mom's chair, climb over the arm rest, and drop safely down to the other side. I like to do this over and over. I imagine that I am a mountain climber scaling the highest peaks. It is so exciting!
Back in April, Mom and Dad took me to the most wonderful place! They called it the zoo. It was amazing! So many animals, many I'd never seen before. There was a horse as tall as a tree! Mom said it was a giraffe. There was also a really funny-looking, hairy baby. I know he was a baby because he crawled around on his hands and feet. And his mommy didn't even have a diaper on him! Dad said it was a baboon. That's a really funny name for a baby.
Friday, June 6, 2014
Thursday, June 5, 2014
Even though it has been a very long, nap-free day with a clingy baby girl attached to my leg, I miss her at night after she's gone to bed. The house is quiet. The toys are put away. My attention is not divided. I can do what I want. But I find that all I want to do is watch my sweet girl sleep. Being a parent is nonstop. It can be difficult. It can be tiring. But I cannot even remember my life before her. I would not ever want to go back. She is my heart living outside of my body. Even the toughest days are better than any day I had without her. She has her dad's big brown eyes and my smile. She is so smart. She is so energetic and kind. I am so blessed to have been given this gift, this perfect little girl. She takes my breath away and melts my heart. She is everything.